In the current global situation, technology is our biggest resource, because it is thanks to its advancements that labs in Beijing, Rome & Milan, Berlin and other cities, can share in real time research and data on the SARS-CoV-2 virus, in the Coronavirus family, that causes the viral pneumonia called COVID-19.
Thanks to this international collaboration, it’s possible to assess better risks, slash vaccine research times, improve cures and prepare in time.
If your country or website is not in the list, please let me know in the comments.
This is an updated list of the best websites that show live data, maps & charts of contagions, deaths and healed patients.
- University of Washington
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Bing (world map that provides State by State numbers for the US)
- USA COVID-19 Chart Maker
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- CCDC (Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention – in Chinese)
- CDC (in Chinese)
- Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)
- International COVID-19 Chart Maker
- University of Oxford
- Reddit r/CovidMapping – Crowd Sourced
- Various Data (Global, USA, China, Canada, Australia, Latin America)
- University of Virginia
- Andrzej Leszkiewicz
MASKS: WHICH ONES WORK AND WHICH DON’T?
Some have made custom masks at home, others are using cloth or other material or buying online masks at a high price. But do these masks work, really?
Not all masks can effectively filter out viruses, here’s some useful analysis on the type of material/fabric that works, the international standards and what you can use to effectively protect yourself from the coronavirus.
- The international standards (eg. in USA it’s N95 & N99 and in Europe it’s FFP2 & FFP3)
- Which masks actually work? Surgical ones? Cycling ones? Any??
- What material works best? Cloth? Cotton? Baking Paper? Pollution filters?
- Supermarket waiting times (anywhere in the world)